Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gum Drop Pomander Ornament {Tutorial}

Iguess I’m in love with candy this year…at least decorating with it. Candy is cheap and when grouped together it is quite beautiful. I’m all about getting a lot of bang for very little buck. Ha!
One day recently, the idea popped into my head to decorate with gumdrops.  I’ve made two different gum drop crafts {one of which I’ll show you soon…I promise}, but for now here is one that I’m just loving!  Introducing….Gum Drop Pomander Ornaments!!
Fabulous, eh?
Last year I hung candy canes from my chandelier and this year it’s gum drops. I wonder what next year will bring! :)
I know you’re just itching to make a few of these yourself, so let’s get to it!
Supplies You’ll Need:
  • Styrofoam balls {super cheap at Walmart!}
  • Ribbon
  • Straight Pins
  • Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
  • Gum Drops
  • Scissors
Squeeze a dab of glue on a foam ball and then attach the ribbon with a pin through the hot glue.
Loop the ribbon around then glue and pin the ribbon in place.
Begin gluing gum drops in place – alternating colors until the entire ball is covered.
{getting pretty!}
Hang your awesomely fun gum drop pomander ornament…
…on a stand…
…from a chandelier…
…on your Christmas tree, if it has strong branches.
Or you can make the gum drop ornaments without ribbon and
…decorate candle sticks…
or add your gum drop balls to a Christmas vignette.
When Ridley saw these Gum Drop Pomander Ornaments he said, “ooooooo, mama!”
It would be lovely to make several of these and hang them as a collection. I used fishing line to hang mine from the chandelier.
So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment